POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Warp
Date: 20 May 2008 17:24:17
Message: <48334181@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> And you did not even talk about time & liquid & weight...
> A gallon, a ton or just a fortnight ?

> In Montreal or Los angeles... or Sydney!

  Yeah, I love it that "ounce" means different things depending on whether
you are talking about solids or fluids, "mile" means different things on
land than on sea, and "gallon" means different things depending on whether
you are in the US or the UK, not to talk that it also means different things
depending on whether we are measuring solids or liquids...

--
                                                          - Warp