POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Busted : Re: Busted Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Busted
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 20 May 2008 00:35:19
Message: <48325507@news.povray.org>
"stbenge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> I guess these are the reasons I unplug my computer from both wall and
> phone line during a thunderstorm...

My parent's house is at the top of a hill in a very open area. Until
recently their house was the highest thing for a couple km in any direction.
Add that to the frequency and intensity of thunderstorms in this part of the
world in summer and you see why they tended to get hit often.

They were very grateful when the neighbour put up a thatched roof and
installed a lightnng rod.

I live is a different area and I have 4 churches very near, all with
lighning rods. I seldom bother to unplug anything in a storm. So far, no
casualties from lighning