POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Busted : Re: Busted Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Busted
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 19 May 2008 15:56:52
Message: <4831db84@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> Or it could've been struck by lightning (had a computer once
> that had that happen - the diagnosis was a list of components with
> "fried" written next to each component).

My parent's place got hit by lightning once many years back (back when
10-Base-2 was commonly used for networks)
Lightning directly hit the phone line that was connected to a modem. Modem
connected to PC, PC onto network cable that had 4 other machines attached.

We never found the modem, just some fragments strewn across the office.
Total casualties - 3 complete PCs, 1 network cable, 2 network cards, 1
modem.