POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good Cookie : Good Cookie Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Good Cookie
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 19 May 2008 07:57:53
Message: <48316b41@news.povray.org>
Hello,

This was going to be a rant about win xp sp3 (don't bother by the way)
instead i've opted for something a bit more positive after remembering two
things my dad used to say. Don't complain about something unless you're
prepared to get involved and make a difference and my favorite .... when
life gives you lemons make lemonade. In this case a good cookie.

Jim
-----
This is an adaptation of a recipe from Joy of Cooking.

I've just omitted the salt and added the cocoa.

This recipe makes two dozen GOOD cookies.

Ingredients:

1 large egg

2 tablespoons vanilla

4 tablespoons cocoa

1 cup + 2 tablespoons sifted flour

Method:

In a medium-large mixing bowl soften the margarine. About 45 seconds in the
microwave on high should do the trick. Add the first six ingredients and use
a fork to mix until creamy. Five minutes should do it. Add half the flour
and the baking soda and mix until fully incorporated. Add the remaining
flour and mix again. Add the chips and chunks mix, then add the pecans and
mix again.

Before spooning out the cookie mixture preheat oven to 350. Each sheet
requires ten minutes baking time. A heaping teaspoon of cookie dough for
each cookie arranged in a four by three grid on a cookie sheet is what you're
going for. I use a butter knife to help with getting the mixture off the
spoon. The oven should be ready by the time you're done spooning out the
mixture. Until you've made a couple of batches it's probably a good idea to
make the cookies smaller. You can always go back and add to the cookies that
look smaller than the others, if there's extra dough. After baking allow
about five minutes cooling time on the cookie sheet before transferring to a
cooling rack. About ten minutes more cooling time on the rack and they
should be ready to put in the cookie jar.