POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta26 GUI Extensions : Re: Beta26 GUI Extensions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta26 GUI Extensions
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 May 2008 07:41:57
Message: <482ec485@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
news:qtat24hthn9406jofkoman6bf78i8esl60@4ax.com...

> After you do and it doesn't work you need to edit the Registry (This
> is an oops for me).
> Manually copy the
> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.6\Windows\Engine\GUIExtensions"
> entries to
> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.7\Windows\Engine\GUIExtensions"
> and it works.
> (Use your own directory settings)
>
> I need to test a few other things in the Registry as I changed the
> pointer in Bishop3D to pvengine.exe from pvengine-sse2.exe to get it
> to work.
> --

You know, Stephen, I sincerely wonder if we need to do all this registry
editing and so on. Wouldn't those instructions have been given with the zip
in the first place if that were the case? Beta 25 which was basically
identical to beta 26, did not need all that, so what is the matter here? I
have the feeling there is something fundamentally amiss...

Thomas