POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : Re: A small puzzle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small puzzle
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 17 May 2008 07:24:25
Message: <482ec069$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> On one rev the car moves 28,75cm, in that time 2 sparks are launched.

HUGE mistake - on HALF rev the car moves 28,75cm and in that time only 1
spark is launched, therefore...

> Google says 40mpg (US, AFAIK it's pretty near 50imperial MPG) converts
> to 5,8l/100km (which is pretty low for 120km/h, but possible, if you
> have a modern diesel with long gearbox and good aerodynamics).
> 5,8l/100km makes
> 0,058l/km=0,000058l/m=0,00003335l/rev=0,00001668l/spark=0,01668ml/spark.
> Yep, we're on the same line - I'd say the differences comes from the
> roundings and converts.

... these last numbers DO NOT MATCH, the correct final number being
0,03335ml/spark.

> To get to that consumption on those speeds you'll need a modern diesel
> engine (or a hybrid-system), for example common rail -engine. In those,

Also to be noted, if you really have common-rail diesel or something
similar (I recalled you have a non-GDI petrol engine), the fuel actually
is injected to the cylinder, not to the intake.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net