POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle : A small puzzle Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  A small puzzle
From: Invisible
Date: 16 May 2008 11:59:28
Message: <482daf60$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so here's one for you...

If I put my car into top gear and set the engine to 3,500 revolutions
per minute, my car travels forward at almost exactly 75 miles per hour.
So... how far forward does it travel for a single revolution of the engine??

Similarly, at that speed my car achieves roughly 50 miles per gallon of
fuel. So how much fuel does it inject into each cylinder??

[My car has a four-cylinder, four-stroke internal compustion engine, and
is normally-asperated. And runs on petrol, in case that wasn't obvious.
Presumably the timing is therefore set so that exactly one cylinder
fires for every revolution of the engine.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/