POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Small Crymod contest : Re: Small Crymod contest Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Crymod contest
From: scott
Date: 16 May 2008 02:59:46
Message: <482d30e2@news.povray.org>

> http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=27580&sid=1c2ef1d092306facd49667bb71bb2871

I don't understand why they can't get the contrast/brightness correct in
computer games, the contrast is always way too low and often not bright
enough (compared to a photo).  In the first CryMod shot on that page, if you
load it into PaintShop and fiddle with the levels you can easily get
something that looks way more realistic.

>   I'm going to have a go at this as I think I might have a chance.
> Interesting challenge though.
>
>    Wish me luck Povers! :)

Good luck!

PS - if you're not allowed to mod the CryMod shots, mod the photo first so
that it matches the brightness/contrast of the CryMod shot :-)