POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : shake reduction : Re: shake reduction Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shake reduction
From: Warp
Date: 16 May 2008 02:05:35
Message: <482d242f@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Hmmm, I suppose, but I also thought that the lines of people ready to
> muse upon truth and artifice in photography were wide and deep. Analogue
> cameras were bad enough, but now that the capture is digital and
> probably filtered digitally from the start, at least that is what I
> assume my camera's different shooting 'modes' are,...it seems that
> 'faked' is an increasingly relative term.

  I still consider there to be a difference between, for example, a white
balance filter and, for example, compositing an image from several source
images. There's a drastic difference between those two. The latter has
something the camera didn't "see" (at least not at one single shot), so
it has a sense of "faking" to it.

  A very wide panoramic image which has been composed of several images
taken in quick succession is a rather border case. Personally I consider
it "faked, but it doesn't bother me too much".

--
                                                          - Warp