POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : shake reduction : Re: shake reduction Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shake reduction
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 May 2008 23:35:53
Message: <482d0119$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> A quick googling says the A30 doesn't shoot in RAW format. There might
> be a firmware hack somewhere, but it seems this is the main Pentax
> camera, and if none of them have RAW capabilities then it isn't likely
> this one would either.

Yes I discovered that limitation almost immediately, in fact, when I
tried using the camera to document some drawings I'd done.  Once apon a
time I had a pretty good routine and adequate lighting equipment for
documenting my paintings, but now I don't.  Without hot enough lights,
the point and shoot fell well short of adequate for that task, and the
limitations of jpg only worsened the problem.  I *thought* I'd seen that
some other format from jpg was supported when I was shopping the camera,
but I was obviously mistaken.  Well maybe I can find some adequate
lights for cheap.