POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : shake reduction : Re: shake reduction Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shake reduction
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 May 2008 23:12:58
Message: <482cfbba$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>>composite the pictures together.
>

>   Somehow I have never liked that type of post-processing in photography.
> It gives me the feeling that the photo has been faked.

Hmmm, I suppose, but I also thought that the lines of people ready to
muse upon truth and artifice in photography were wide and deep. Analogue
cameras were bad enough, but now that the capture is digital and
probably filtered digitally from the start, at least that is what I
assume my camera's different shooting 'modes' are,...it seems that
'faked' is an increasingly relative term.  I'm surprised there isn't
already a camera that would perform such compositing automatically and
present the result as truth.  And can we really say it isn't?