POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bombed! : Re: Bombed! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bombed!
From: Darren New
Date: 15 May 2008 14:39:34
Message: <482c8366$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>      I bet. I'm thinking about the guy that got 10,000 a SECOND in that link
> Gilles and John posted.

I was talking about making a mistake that causes your own code to spam
you. :-)

> I guess I could just
> change our email addy on our site to a spare one for now and let this
> episode fade out even if it is weeks.

If they're bouncing to postmaster, it doesn't matter what *your* site
says. You're going to get bounces to postmaster because there's no such
AOL user or something.

> I think I've got about 75% of them
> pointing to the DI folder now, so it's not a massive problem.

If you can afford the bandwidth, it's not really a problem if you can
get them tossed out reliably.

Generally, bounces delivered to "postmaster" don't need to be looked at
unless one of your users asks why it's bouncing after they threw out the
bounce message *they* received. (Or unless of course it's bouncing
because you're testing the configuration that isn't working right yet,
for example.) It's more a "courtesy cc" of the bounce message than
anything.

Me, I'd throw away anything coming into postmaster until it calms down.
Nowadays, the postmaster address is useless exactly because of this sort
of problem.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"