POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bombed! : Re: Bombed! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bombed!
From: St
Date: 15 May 2008 12:59:33
Message: <482c6bf5$1@news.povray.org>
news:482c685c@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>>    LOL! Yeah, I realise that now... :o)
>>       3008
>
> Some day, if you write enough server code, you're going to make a mistake,
> and you'll look back on 3000 messages to postmaster as "the good old days,
> when computers were too slow to flood your mailbox".
>
> Way back in the "old days" when dial-up was fast and Linux didn't boot off
> a CD, I had system messages getting mailed to me, and if the line dropped
> during the night, I was pretty hosed. When I reconnected, the server
> invariably tried to deliver ten thousand messages in parallel, swamping
> the machine and filling up the VM to where it crashed again. Very
> annoying.

     I bet. I'm thinking about the guy that got 10,000 a SECOND in that link
Gilles and John posted. What if I'm going to get that but spread over more
time, which could be weeks. This could be serious. I guess I could just
change our email addy on our site to a spare one for now and let this
episode fade out even if it is weeks. I think I've got about 75% of them
pointing to the DI folder now, so it's not a massive problem.

    Thoughts Darren?

    ~Steve~