POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question about Java generics (not a flame) : Re: A question about Java generics (not a flame) Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about Java generics (not a flame)
From: Warp
Date: 15 May 2008 08:49:55
Message: <482c3173@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
> Now make a small change to main.cpp:

> // main.cpp
>    export template <typename T> void f();

>    #include "g.hpp"
>    template <> void g(int i) { /* Do something completely different */ }

>    int main(){ f<int>(); }
> // end main.cpp

  I don't see how this causes a problem described earlier. This simply
requires main.cpp to be recompiled (after all, it's the one which has
been changed), which will result in a new object file which does not
use the export template.

  Why would this cause the need to recompile the export template for
each usage in the program?

--
                                                          - Warp