POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why does this not surprise me? : Re: Why does this not surprise me? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does this not surprise me?
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 15 May 2008 00:50:52
Message: <482bc12c@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message
> > We had one optional (extra credit) section on a network prac that
involved
> > hacking various computers around the university.
> > Questions included getting a login prompt on the admin's server (IP
> > restricted), modifying the Journ dept's website and obtaining a file
from
> > one of the Comp Sci lecturer's PCs
>
> Most of what we did was totally outside any lectures or classes ;-)

So was ours. This was just the 'official' hacking portion. I did my fair
share of unofficial, as did a lot of others.

The best was when we (admins and comittee for the university computer users
society) caught 3 lusers trying to do an NTNuke on a local ISP's site.
Firstly, the ISP was running some flavour of unix (don't remember which) so
the NTNuke had no effect.
Best was that the lusers didn't wipe their command history file before
logging out.