POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : evil TV commercials : Re: evil TV commercials Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: evil TV commercials
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 May 2008 23:58:45
Message: <482a6375$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 13 May 2008 23:35:02 -0400, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> but they are just
> too widely over prescribed

This is true of many drugs in general, IMHO.

Just look at the number of Ritalin scripts written in the 90's in the
US.  Many of the kids who this (or other ADD-"fighting" drugs) was
prescribed for didn't actually need it.

My stepson went to a school for gifted ADD and highly-distractable
students, many of whom were on various drugs for their conditions - and
while I'm no MD, it was clear to me that many of them were just very
active kids with parents who wanted their kids to be "less active".
There probably was a percentage who actually *needed* the drug, but I
wouldn't hesitate to say that all of them didn't need it - though I
certainly wouldn't be the one to decide who got it and who didn't.

Today we have so many new "medical conditions" that we've got drugs for
it's ridiculous.  "Restless Legs Syndrome"?  Are you f-ing kidding me?
People who "suffer" from that sound to me like they need to go and get
some exercise.  (And I do get it from time to time - usually after taking
Benedryl for my allergies or Tylenol PM - but in both cases, it's only
the tabs that do that to me - the capsules don't).

Jim