POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why does this not surprise me? : Re: Why does this not surprise me? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does this not surprise me?
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 13 May 2008 17:18:34
Message: <482a05aa@news.povray.org>
news:4829f767$1@news.povray.org...

> When I was at university (5 years ago) security was *mentioned*. Like,
> once or twice maybe. I think I recall somebody mentioning that we should
> go find out what "SQL injection" means and why it's bad. And that's
> about it. [It wasn't in the exam, so I cannot *imagine* anybody bothered
> to actually look it up. Except me, anyway. I had great fun breaking all
> my classmate's web sites...]

We had one optional (extra credit) section on a network prac that involved
hacking various computers around the university.
Questions included getting a login prompt on the admin's server (IP
restricted), modifying the Journ dept's website and obtaining a file from
one of the Comp Sci lecturer's PCs

Most of the class didn't even try. The login prompt was exceptionally easy.
The rest were rather more challenging