POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : evil TV commercials : Re: evil TV commercials Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: evil TV commercials
From: Darren New
Date: 13 May 2008 15:30:15
Message: <4829ec47@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Well, personally, I've had a problem with the pharma companies
> advertising "ask your doctor of Vaxodrine is right for you" - the
> doctor's the professional, let THEM make that determination.

The drug company is basically saying "tell your doctor we have a new
drug."  The best commercials are the ones where they tell your doctor to
ask about it, but don't even tell you what kind of illness it treats.

> in the medical field) and push drugs that aren't really needed or
> appropriate.  Well, *some* do, not all.  Obviously there are some
> responsible doctors out there.

Yeah. Part of it is the insurance bit - doctors don't get paid much for
seeing patients compared to treating patients.

Pretty much everything where the person paying isn't the person getting
the benefits if f'ed up in the same way. Everything from
advertising-driven media to US medicine to indirect-tax-funded services.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"