POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interlocking Heightfields. : Re: Interlocking Heightfields. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interlocking Heightfields.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 May 2008 10:12:10
Message: <4829a1ba$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
news:dq3j24lbscpe08pk0mvrepnh2afgr6cina@4ax.com...

> No worries :)
> French you say? Looks like English to me :) :) We say "Cut the ground
> from under somebody's feet" or "Caw the feet from under you"
> I've had another idea I'll see how that works out. And you are right
> the images should be hidden. Now that I've seen yours I can't put the
> same one in it is not right IMO. Anyway I've only built the bridge so
> no harm done. It was too simple and common an idea :) {Those grapes
> are sour and I think your layout is better than mine would have been.}

"Se faire couper l'herbe sous les pieds" they say, or "lui couper l'herbe
sous les pieds". Different languages often have similar sayings. Interesting
notion. "Those grapes are sour" visibly come from the French too: "Ces
raisins sont trop verts", which comes from a Fable by La Fontaine (Le renard
et les raisins).

I dropped a little note to Steve and Colin about hiding the uploads.

Thomas