POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interlocking Heightfields. : Re: Interlocking Heightfields. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interlocking Heightfields.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 May 2008 03:34:34
Message: <4829448a$1@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht

> That looks right to me--you've already figured it out! Though the rotation
> may
> not be necessary, as the spotted pattern is a 3-D pattern, and will
> produce
> results at *any* angle.

I am not sure, but as far as I have been able to determine, the rotation is
only needed when using a pigment{image_map  etc} as an image is oriented in
the x-y plane. In the other cases, the rotation can be used to change the
aspect of the pattern.

Thomas