POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : shake reduction : Re: shake reduction Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shake reduction
From: Jim Charter
Date: 12 May 2008 11:32:43
Message: <4828631b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I like the urban feeling in the photos.
>
>   Maybe you could do an entire urban photo series, using the same kind
> of urban ambience as in the second photo.

Thanks Warp.  Yes, I find a fascination in the second photo with the
density of information and simultaneity of events.  That sense, perhaps
the 'ambience' of urban life to which you refer, is what I find so
captivating about the city and is something that I can remember excited
me from the very first time I got off the bus exactly 30 years ago.  I
can remember how, in those days, I used to write letters to friends
describing my experiences here, and would dwell on the activity, on a
single street corner, in a single moment.

Interesting to me about that second photo is the car's rearview mirror.
  It is both tiresome and unavoidably cliche, but also very difficult to
avoid including when framing shots from inside the window of the car.  I
wonder if it could add a 'dimension' to be exploited with this kind of
image.

A further dimension that is not communicated in the shot is how I am
taking it while simultaneously turning to deal with the instructions
from a customer, who is himself barking at me as he is in the process of
climbing into the car.