POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interlocking Heightfields. : Re: Interlocking Heightfields. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interlocking Heightfields.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 May 2008 03:44:56
Message: <4827f578$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> schreef in bericht

> What I have done sometimes, and if some repetition is not too obvious in
> the final image, is to mirror a height_field along x or z (or both,
> according to need). The seam is absolutely invisible.

Forgot to mention the following possibility (if you use programs like
Leveller, World Machine, GeoControl, or whatever):
1) make a height_field
2) duplicate it
3) mirror the duplicate along x or z (or both)
4) modify the central parts of the duplicate, leaving the edges unchanged
(very important, obviously)
5) tile the original height_field and the duplicate(s)

Thomas