POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which $200 - $300 computer monitor ??? : Re: Which $200 - $300 computer monitor ??? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which $200 - $300 computer monitor ???
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 10 May 2008 08:30:06
Message: <4825954e$1@news.povray.org>
>> *Not* Samsung if dead pixels are a problem to you...
>
> Yup, they do seem to be trying to sell a lot of LCDs with dead pixels,
> but so long as you buy it from a place that allows returns you should be
> ok.  I think Samsung just buys up the cheap junk LCD panels that other
> manufacturers would throw away ;-)

Interesting... My mum's LCD is Samsung and it has so far performed
flawlessly. I bought it because it had the brightest, sharpest, most
saturated display in the shop. And an impressive viewing angle range

[I repeat: I bought the *display model* and it's still working fine.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/