POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : arrays and animations : Re: arrays and animations Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: arrays and animations
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 9 May 2008 03:56:05
Message: <48240395$1@news.povray.org>
>>no information is stored between individual frames except for what you
>>save by yourself. Thus the only alternatives would be more complicated
>>and impractical (I can think of some incomplete solutions and other
>>ideas - one of each).

Actually, it would be nice to have "meta-elements" for
scenes in SDL so you could write something like this:

#macro PARAMETRIZED_SCENE(i)
scene
{
   global_settings {...}
   camera {...}
   light_source {...}
}
#end

#local i=0;
#while (i < 10)
   #local filename      = concat(...);
   #local extra_options = +FN
   #render filename extra_options
     PARAMETRIZED_SCENE(i)
   #end
   #local i=i+1;
#end

Not just for animations, but also for creating sets of
structurally identical images (e.g., button graphics for
web sites, games, or similar).