POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : STRESS! : Re: STRESS! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: STRESS!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 May 2008 13:38:41
Message: <48233aa1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 May 2008 16:42:23 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Gilles Tran wrote:
>
>> I prefer mute, expressive images - but then it's much more difficult to
>> do and requires actual drawing skills.
>
> ...says Gilles Tran, the noted POV-Ray artist... ;-)

As Gilles says, there's a world of difference between artistic drawing
and technical drawing.  I probably mentioned before that I started out
college as an Aeronautical Engineering student - had to take drafting
classes as a result.  I was quite good at that - but I couldn't draw
*artistic* images to save my life.  I can barely manage a stick figure
that looks good.

But give me a T-square and a drafting set, and I can put a drawing
together of most anything.

Jim