POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Everything Sucks : Re: Everything Sucks Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:09:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Everything Sucks
From: stbenge
Date: 6 May 2008 21:39:18
Message: <48210846$1@news.povray.org>
Bruno Cabasson wrote:

> Are you better now Sam?

Yeah, a little, thanks to a low dose of some OTC thing I got from the
pharmacy. I hate to self-medicate like this :/

> Do you know something about the cause of your
> depression?

Well, I know of many factors leading to its initial precipitation back
in '97. Knowing the cause, however, has not been particularly useful for
finding a cure. Some disorders can be treated this way (e.g. PTSD), but
depression for me has become mostly a chemical issue. Of course, there
*are* certain circumstances making recovery difficult at this time. Not

doesn't help...

> Anyway, it's a bad feeling when one sees all sucks and I
> personnally know people who had hard time like that and most of them
> could recover sooner or later, with or without the help of pills.
>
>     Bruno

Yeah, it will take time. In the past I've found that breaking out of
myself once in a while helps. The lingering effects of depression are a
lasting negative perception, and it helps to learn to see things
differently. I should go camping at higher altitudes or something (I'm
already at 5000 feet here).

Sam