POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using povray at the command line in windows : Re: Using povray at the command line in windows Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using povray at the command line in windows
From: William Tracy
Date: 5 May 2008 20:25:50
Message: <481fa58e@news.povray.org>
Duh, DOS wasn't actually multitasking, so it wouldn't work there.

Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> & in a Windows prompt has a different meaning. a & b is like Unix's "a; b;"
> (runs both commands, one after the other) and a && b is the same as in Unix
> (runs both commands, but if a fails then b isn't run).

Now that makes me curious what Windows would do if you entered a command
with nothing after the ampersand. I may need to track down a Windows
system and play with it. :-)

>  Either that or I start cygwin :)

I've reached the point where I can't be productive in Windows without
Cygwin. :-P

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

    It occurred to him that now he was going to be not only the first
man on Mars, but the first detective. He grinned at the thought, and the
last action of the omegendorph set his nerves aglow.
     -- Kim Stanley Robinson, _Red Mars_