POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using povray at the command line in windows : Re: Using povray at the command line in windows Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using povray at the command line in windows
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 5 May 2008 19:55:45
Message: <481f9e81@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> It works under any version of Windows you're likely to be running these
> days.

Not really.

& in a Windows prompt has a different meaning. a & b is like Unix's "a; b;"
(runs both commands, one after the other) and a && b is the same as in Unix
(runs both commands, but if a fails then b isn't run).

I have a port of Unix's "env" command that, due to a *bug*, returns
immediately and leaves the program running. I abuse that to run stuff in
the background on Windows. Either that or I start cygwin :)