POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Error mesage : Re: Error mesage Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error mesage
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 3 May 2008 14:10:44
Message: <481caaa4@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> I still prefer the one I got from Windows + a biometric scanner
>> (during GINA login): "An error occurred: The operation was
>> successful". Oh, and it wouldn't log me in (I wish I could've gotten a
>> screenshot)
>
> Well *clearly* a Windows operation being successful would indicate an
> error; Windows operations are designed to _fail_. ;-)

I actually saw a couple of programming languages designed around that
concept.  One of them was termed "quantum", in that any operation in it
had a 90% chance of success, and a 10% chance of alternative behavior.

The other language was designed such that all program logic was
controlled through purposefully causing errors.

I don't remember the name of either language, but I'm sure others here do.

...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com