POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant : Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant
From: John VanSickle
Date: 1 May 2008 07:28:55
Message: <4819a977@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Well then I guess it's a problem with the wording of the law, or the
> justice system in Finland, if such a specific law can be "bent" to be
> used for cases which clearly have no incitement.

If things are in Finland as they are in some other nations in Europe,
political correctness has taken root.

> If you had a jury
> system, then maybe they would prevent such stupid applications of the
> law ;-)

A government that can't be depended upon to treat Christians and Muslims
equally under the law can't be trusted to pick an unbiased jury and then
let them actually make the decisions, either.

Regards,
John