POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I don't know what's worse ... : Re: I don't know what's worse ... Server Time
15 May 2024 15:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I don't know what's worse ...
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 30 Apr 2008 15:45:10
Message: <4818cc46@news.povray.org>
news:4818b6ed$1@news.povray.org...

> What the report *doesn't* say is how many of the passwords thus
> collected were actually _valid_. ;-) I like to believe that office
> workers are actually that smart. You know, for my sanity...

A few years back, I did a test on password security for an app I was working
on. The data in the DB was very important and very sensitive. They type of
data that the competitor would love to see. (Mineral resource exploration
data)

I managed to gather 35% of the passwords with a dictionary hack, including
that of the chief geologist, and another 10% by wandering through the
offices upstairs, including that of the manager of the division.