POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant : Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:07:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blogger fined for 'menacing' rant
From: scott
Date: 30 Apr 2008 09:45:32
Message: <481877fc$1@news.povray.org>
>  What the letter of the law means is that it's illegal to incite people
> to commit crimes against people based, for example, on their ethnicity
> or nationality.

Why just on ethnicity or nationality, why is it not just illegal to incite
people to commit crimes against anyone or group?  IMO law should not get
mixed up with ethnicity, nationality and religion, the laws should be equal
for and against everyone.

>  In practice, however, this is an "umbrella law" which can and *is* used
> to sue anyone who offends, and sometimes even criticizes certain religious
> or ethnic groups, even when there's no incitement. The law is stretched to
> conventiently cover these cases too.

Well then I guess it's a problem with the wording of the law, or the justice
system in Finland, if such a specific law can be "bent" to be used for cases
which clearly have no incitement.  If you had a jury system, then maybe they
would prevent such stupid applications of the law ;-)