POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Help! : Re: Help! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help!
From: St
Date: 29 Apr 2008 15:11:23
Message: <481772db@news.povray.org>
I tried the demo of Second Life some time ago and thought it was a good
experience. I felt that I was 'there' in their presence - amongst all those
other 'new' people trying the demo for the first time. Weird experience.
I've been following it though. It's damn big business now. I had another
look recently, and you can own a shop and sell real stuff an' all. Real
Shops. So that's why I was looking again. To see what the advantage may be
for my works business, and to be blunt, it's too much work. You need to be
dedicated in a business way which would probably mean 24/7 in SL. And my
paymaster general ain't into paying for that.

    ~Steve~