POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Help with possible malware infestation : Re: Help with possible malware infestation Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with possible malware infestation
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 29 Apr 2008 00:17:44
Message: <4816a168$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:46:37 -0400, Chambers wrote:

> "Chambers" <bdc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> How did you remove it?
>>
>> ....Chambers
>> www.pacificwebguy.com
>
> Never mind, I think I've fixed the problem.  After trying several
> products, AVG 8 seems to have finally killed the infestation.
>
> Definitely not a good advertisement for AVG 7, though, letting the virus
> on to begin with.
>
> Now I'm *definitely* thinking of switching OSs permanently.
>
> ....Chambers
> www.pacificwebguy.com

I didn't remove it, I can't find the third (or forth or eighth) dll that
keeps recreating the first two. I'm backing everything up, since I duel
boot Linux it isn't that difficult, and then wiping that partition out.

I made the mistake of rebooting to safe mode when I found the first two,
removing them, then rebooting. Now it's registered as my proxy and
prevents me from updating AVG or getting to Housecall.

Eh, I needed to clean this windows install anyways.