POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Realisation : Re: Realisation Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realisation
From: Dre
Date: 28 Apr 2008 20:14:55
Message: <4816687f@news.povray.org>
news:481621d5@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
>> If I may make a stupid suggestion - partition the drive and put the OS
>> alone
>> on the C drive. Redirect my docs and program files elsewhere.
>> It makes reinstalling that little less painful.
>>
>> Yes, I know you'll still have to reinstall most apps, but at least you
>> won't
>> lose data you've forgotten to backup
>
> I already keep all my data seperate from the OS. But game saves? You'd
> have to figure out where it stores them first. [Assuming they don't go in
> the registry.]
>
> The real fun part is Outlook Express. There must *be* a way to back up the
> data it holds, but good luck figuring it out. [Fortunately, I don't use it
> any more!]
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Outlook express, figure it out??!?  good luck?!?  its not rocket science!
RTFM!

Tools -> Options -> Maintenance -> store folder.

Change it to another partition and your done.

Likewise, I haven't played a game in the last 5 years that doesn't either
put your saves into its game dir or the my docs, redirect your my docs and
your done.

Like I said, easy as...  trivial even!

HTH

Cheers Dre