POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I promised not to mock ... : Re: I promised not to mock ... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I promised not to mock ...
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 28 Apr 2008 17:05:09
Message: <48163c05@news.povray.org>
news:48163933$1@news.povray.org...

> Arguably one might blame Microsoft for the whole "hey, computers are
> easy now, you don't need to bother learning how to use them properly"
> mentallity.

Sorry, that's a cop-out. Blame someone else so you don't have to take
responsibility yourself.

SQL injection is mentioned in just about every single intro to web
development that I've seen. That include the '... for dummies' and '... in
24 hours' type books, as well as all the help files and documetation that
comes with the MS development tools. If there's a computer-literate person
out there who doesn't know that security is important, then they're been
under a rock for 10 years.

To make matters worse, find me another profession where people are willing
to take the cheaper option?
If you had to, say, go for eye surgery, and your options were a surgeon with
10 years experience who want to charge you a thousand pounds and an intern,
just out of med school who would do it for 200, which would you choose?
So, why in IT do people go for the cheapest option possible?

And if we're talking about computers are easy, no knowledge required,
shouldn't we also be blaming Apple?