POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Realisation : Re: Realisation Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realisation
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Apr 2008 15:13:25
Message: <481621d5@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> If I may make a stupid suggestion - partition the drive and put the OS alone
> on the C drive. Redirect my docs and program files elsewhere.
> It makes reinstalling that little less painful.
>
> Yes, I know you'll still have to reinstall most apps, but at least you won't
> lose data you've forgotten to backup

I already keep all my data seperate from the OS. But game saves? You'd
have to figure out where it stores them first. [Assuming they don't go
in the registry.]

The real fun part is Outlook Express. There must *be* a way to back up
the data it holds, but good luck figuring it out. [Fortunately, I don't
use it any more!]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/