POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In case anybody is interested... : Re: In case anybody is interested... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In case anybody is interested...
From: Chambers
Date: 26 Apr 2008 15:11:15
Message: <48137e53$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> http://ainc.de/Research/BIH.pdf
>
> I'm currently failing to see how this is different from a normal KD-tree...

Everybody shows off raytracing versions of Quake...  What they forget is
that it's just a bunch of textured polygons, something that renders
quickly no matter *what* method you're using.

I'd love to see somebody import a Quake scene into POV just so we could
have a speed comparison between RTRT, the new one you're pointing out,
and POV.  I'm not saying POV would be the fastest (they only use one
light source, for instance), but I'd like to know what the *real* speed
difference is.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com