POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : STRESS! : Re: STRESS! Server Time
8 Sep 2024 03:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: STRESS!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Apr 2008 17:12:14
Message: <4812492e@news.povray.org>
>> And *they* know the Enterprise Administrator password that trumps all
>> other passwords in the Active Directory forest.
>
> Sure. Can you change that also?

Hehehe. As if I would ever be privy to such sensitive information...

>>  Not to mention that, as my direct superiors, they have the power to
>> order me to do things. [Such as, say, HAND OVER THE PASSWORDS.]
>
> Of course. But then you say "What do you need them for, for my auditing
> records?"

The answer will be that then they can remotely fix things when I'm not
around, or if I don't know the fix. The guys in HQ are very big on the
idea that they can solve anybody's problem, anywhere in the company.
They tend to forget that by the time they know there's a problem, the UK
has been off-air for about 5 hours. (Can you spell "time zones"?)

> The point is not to prevent them from doing their work, but preventing
> them from doing work you don't know about.

If there's one thing I've figured out, it's this: The Director of IT may
or may not be any good at IT, but he is *guaranteed* to be better at
politics than you. He had to get there somehow...

In fairness, they're not geniunely *trying* to make my job harder.
They're just not terribly organised, and they don't really think through
the consequences of their actions. And they're hopeless at communicating...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/