POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : STRESS! : Re: STRESS! Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: STRESS!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Apr 2008 15:32:49
Message: <481231e1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel, I am at the end of a 3-day
> "supplier evaluation workshop" from our largest customer - and I have a
> ton of action items that need to be completed by lunchtime Monday...

Well, I suppose to some extent my plight isn't quite as bad as the
project manager for the new building. We were supposed to take ownership
on 17 March. However, somebody wheeled some heavy item into the
recention area and cracked several floor tiles. This caused them to have
to retile the reception area.

And of course, if you have people tiling the floor, or the floor is
still drying, nobody else can be in that area. So you can't paint the
walls, you can't do the electrics, you can't fit the internal windows...
the entire schedule is ruined.

It's now nearly the end of April, and the builders are still frantically
trying to get the build finished. Except *now* all us lot are wheeling
in crates of equipment and trying to go about our normal work. This at
the same time as inspectors are coming round to check that all the
paintwork is perfect and there are no dents in the walls and the carpet
is pristine...

The builders are *not* happy to see us! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/