POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Latin Pronunciation : Re: Latin Pronunciation Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Latin Pronunciation
From: Warp
Date: 25 Apr 2008 13:56:13
Message: <48121b3d@news.povray.org>
> Wait... people *know* how to pronounce Latin now? I thought it was a
> dead language, and hence we'll never "really" know what the "correct"
> way is.

  That's not the definition of dead language. A dead language is one
which has had native speakers in the past but doesn't have anymore
anywhere. Just because it's not used as native language anymore doesn't
mean the knowledge of how it's pronounced has been lost. There have always
been people who know Latin.

--
                                                          - Warp