POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 24 Apr 2008 11:25:45
Message: <4810a679$1@news.povray.org>

48109c95@news.povray.org...
>  Is her point that I should feel guilt or something because sometimes
> other people may treat me differently because of my skin color (or other
> attributes)?

Guilt would be pointless. Awareness will suffice.

>  Perhaps this is more relevant in places where open racism is prevalent.

Doesn't need to be open and it doesn't even need to be plain racism (again,
that's the point of the essay). But yes, Wikipedia tells me that Finland has
2% of immigrants (vs 8-10% in countries like UK or France), most of them
from neighbouring countries of close cultural background so I guess that
these kinds of problems are rather theoretical there.

G.