POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Doctor John
Date: 24 Apr 2008 11:10:26
Message: <4810a2e2@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Of course multiculturalists just classify this as racism, and equate
> them with the neonazis and white power activists. Of course the racists
> also take the negative things they are saying and use these things for
> their own racist agendas. It's a lose-lose situation.

I think not. Of course there are some "multiculturalists" that take that
viewpoint but IMO they are as bigotted as the neonazis. Most of those
that work or volunteer at MRC take the more balanced position. It is
important to note that many refugees coming here as migrants will have
psychological problems stemming from their experiences in their country
of origin, their (probably) stressful journey here and the culture shock
when they arrive. To expect them to instantly integrate within our
society is short-sighted and counter-productive.
They will, in time, be of benefit to this country; they will, in time,
consider themselves to be British and eventually their descendants will
be able to post to newsgroups stating
> Of course, being descended from Polish Jews and Dutch Tea Planters on
> one side of my family and wild Scottish Highlanders on the other
or words to that effect.
Don't tar us all with the same brush. The issue is way too complicated
to be simply presented in a black/white, true/false manner

John

finished," then he sat down.