POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reverse words : Re: Reverse words Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reverse words
From: Warp
Date: 24 Apr 2008 10:51:36
Message: <48109e77@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Warp wrote:

> >> BTW, is there anything you do know besides advanced mathematics and Haskell?
> >
> >   I really wouldn't want to offend him, but I just have the impression that
> > he makes these posts just for the attention he gets.

> In this particular case, I was merely curios about the two items in
> question. I wasn't actually expecting to get quite this many replies...

  I wasn't talking about this thread in particular, but more in general.

> > I may have encounter something
> > which I knew I could very easily find with google or whatever, but
> > nevertheless I felt an uncontrollable urge to ask about it at some chat
> > or forum, just to get people to answer.

> Well, as I alluded to, it's not like you can put a picture of a
> headscarf into Google and do a search to find out what it's called.
> [Altough that was actually be pretty damn neat.]

  I would say to that: Learn to use google.

  If you are, for example, looking for the name of something which people
wear on their head, try googling for something like "headgear". The first
hit was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headgear
  Browsing the list of headgear in that page, the most promising one seems
to be "hair covers", which includes "kerchief", which is probably what you
were looking for.

  I know it's "easier" to just ask in a forum, and at the same time you
get to "communicate" with people, and asking a few times is just ok.
It's just that if you ask too many (usually simple) questions too often
you'll start giving a negative impression of yourself.

  You may argue that it was a completely valid and simple question,
but arguing that is missing the point. I'm not commenting on this question
in particular.

--
                                                          - Warp