POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Warp
Date: 24 Apr 2008 10:43:34
Message: <48109c95@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran <gil### [at] agroparistechfr> wrote:
> Now that's surprising :D
> The damn knapsack is *** invisible *** for those who wear it. That's the
> whole point of the essay.

> She's just saying that people who are born with a certain set of privileges
> have a hard time understanding that they have it in the first place (that's
> the social and cultural capital). It's invisible to them, they were born
> with it, so they can pretend (rightfully) that it doesn't exist.
> However, people who don't have it not only can see it all right but are
> reminded every minute of the loss.

  What I meant to say with "I don't understand what she is talking about"
was that even if this was so, what's the writer's point?

  Is her point that I should feel guilt or something because sometimes
other people may treat me differently because of my skin color (or other
attributes)?

  Perhaps this is more relevant in places where open racism is prevalent.
I just can't see this here. Maybe I *am* blind.

--
                                                          - Warp