POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Warp
Date: 24 Apr 2008 10:39:02
Message: <48109b85@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Selective, aren't we? I think that working for free at
> http://www.migrantsresourcecentre.org.uk might have some relevance in
> this discussion

  I think that there are basically three different points of view about
the same thing.

  Let me present two hypothetical situations:

1) "I lost my job and my home burned to ashes and I have nowhere to live.
Could you please let me stay at your home until I can get a job and a
new house? I'll try to pay half of your rent as soon as I can."

2) "Your house is much more expensive than mine. You have the duty to
share it with me, and while we are at it, you have the duty to feed me
because your salary is much larger than mine."

  Neonazis and white power racists want to see *all* immigrants as being
of the second type: They just want to come here and live at our expense,
and that we don't have any responsibility nor duty to do that.

  Multiculturalists want to see *all* immigrants as being of the first
type: All immigrants are honest and hard-working people who are forced
to leave their home countries because of atrocities, and who move to
richer countries out of necessity and in order to make a living with
honest work.

  Then there are those who dare to claim that actually *both* types of
immigrants exist, and who dare to claim that the first type of immigrants
are beneficial while the second type are detrimental. What is worse, they
actually look at trends (eg. unemployment and crime rates) to see where
the first and second types of immigrants are mostly coming from, and they
claim that the country of origin can often make a difference.

  Of course multiculturalists just classify this as racism, and equate
them with the neonazis and white power activists. Of course the racists
also take the negative things they are saying and use these things for
their own racist agendas. It's a lose-lose situation.

--
                                                          - Warp