POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reverse words : Re: Reverse words Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reverse words
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 24 Apr 2008 10:17:07
Message: <48109663@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> I didn't realise that not knowing the name of an obscure item of
> clothing qualifies somebody as an idiot.

Did I say that ...? No. Perhaps ignorant of things other than a narrow
set of interests. You have repeatedly demonstrated this. Some of which
you have admitted is willful.

I thought what she was wearing on her head was actually quite common,
but maybe it's just in the U.S. that it's common.

> Tell me, is there anything *you* know about other than trying to upset me?

Plenty. Some obscure, some very common, but not always common sense. Of
course I don't know everything as evidenced by my constant searching and
digging to find the name of a plant I've just photographed. Just try to
identify a plant. In botanical and horticultural books, they have ID
keys, but you literally have to have the knowledge of a botanist to
figure it out. Sometimes (if I'm lucky, I can narrow it down to a
family) but if the family is, say Fabaceae, I'm lost. It's huge and
contains hundereds of species, all vary greatly, though they have one
thing in common, they're legumes and their fruit is usually pretty easy
to identify.