POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: Doctor John
Date: 24 Apr 2008 09:56:08
Message: <48109178@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Somebody sent me a text message that ended with "this message is not
> available in arabic, [...] or any other **** immigrant tongue!"
>
> I just found it interesting that "immigrant" is basically a Latin word,
> brought to us from Italy when the Romans invaded Britan. And "tongue" is
> from an old German language, from when they invided Britan.
>
> In fact, you know what? Basically "our" entire language was created by
> these hated "immigrants". So next time you curse them, just remember
> that the words you're using to do it with are words THEY INVENTED!
>
> Irony, much?

Of course, being descended from Polish Jews and Dutch Tea Planters on
one side of my family and wild Scottish Highlanders on the other, having
been married twice to non-English wives and atm having a Slovakian gf
and finally, teaching twice a week at the Migrants Resource Centre, I,
of course, could have no possible interest in this thread ;-)
Unfortunately, fighting prejudice with facts doesn't work. The average
bigot is not interested in listening to arguments that might destroy his
"comfort zone".
I wish I knew the answer.

John

finished," then he sat down.