POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 26 : Re: Beta 26 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 26
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 22 Apr 2008 15:28:33
Message: <480e3c61$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:

> The other speed issues (i.e. ones not related to photons or
> radiosity) bother me a lot and I will look into them as my first
> priority once I have the next beta out.

only media seemed to be really bad, without that it was at
most 25% slower, which isn't too terrible considering the
same scene was faster on other systems, and will in any
case have a significant speedup on multiple CPUs.

Also, the README in the beta sources mentioned you used
the Intel compiler for 3.6 but not for 3.7, which makes
it hard to compare the speed with respect to actual code
changes. I'd expect icl to give better results than cl,
especially on Intel CPUs like mine ;)