POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 26 : Re: Beta 26 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 26
From: Chris Cason
Date: 21 Apr 2008 18:10:03
Message: <480d10bb$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> I'll be working on getting a beta 26 out sometime in the next few days, no
> guarantees since - as always - real life comes first, but hopefully it'll
> be up by early next week.

Unfortunately I missed that target. I've had a out-of-hours project bugging
me for the past few months which chews up all my time; I had hoped to have
it done last weekend. Sigh.

On the up side, when it is done, I'll have about 15 or so hours per week
free that I can put back into POV-Ray, so some things will start to get
done again.

Thanks for the replies to this thread: comments have been taken into
consideration. I don't expect to be making any large changes or fixes in
the next beta; mainly it is the smaller bugs that I'd like to reduce the
number of in order to get us closer to correct functionality. In
particular, radiosity isn't getting touched until everything else is done
(at least not by me anyhow), and photon issues I'll defer to Nathan on.

The other speed issues (i.e. ones not related to photons or radiosity)
bother me a lot and I will look into them as my first priority once I have
the next beta out.

thanks for your patience,

-- Chris